Friday, September 21, 2007

Vanity is the greatest of all sins


What do we regard nowadays as values to guide us towards a happy, or at least accomplished life? Should you ask me, I will deffinately agree that vanity is the greatest of all sins. If you analyze it, the course of a mediocre life can be assembled to a Monopoly game at a human scale. Money and real estate rule our Universe and values are being counted as we count the numbers in a bank account. Exarhu's editorial from today's edition in EVZ has awaken inside me thoughts I have often let out, but never in wtiting. A way too sensible text for him, in a totally different style, deep and restrospective. He says he imagines happiness as a dance with his friends. Truth be said! Going back in time I find myself thinking of the uncountless moments of "luxury" if I may say so, trips I took, places I've been, moments that I wish I could share with my close ones. The real essence of things has its settlement in the times where you truly live. And you don't truly live in your car, waiting for the green light to come, swearing every Monday and prasing every Friday, getting your paycheck and making loans after loans to have all the confort you need (or everyone has). The human race seems to be damned to make compromises. There are a few only that benefit from the priviledge of doing their thing with pleasure and making profits from it. Most of us are to live normal and to wait for the short week end, where we can either spend some quality time with some real friends or waste it with the ones that are of interest.

No comments: